Hi you guys!
We are a little intimidated, but excited to start sharing more about our lives here.
We both have a mutual love for learning about photography and sharing our adventures via our Instagram, @thebitzers.
However, we want to share more about us. The outtakes. Our behind-the-scenes. Blogging is an entirely different animal, but we hope that some of our personal experiences can be relatable to someone out there.
To introduce ourselves, here are some things about us!
- I love love love to cook. If there is anything I do to unwind, you can find me in the kitchen or the grocery store or even just thinking about food.
- I currently work/study in the field of oncology. Cancer has had a pretty significant impact on my life, so I couldn’t imagine doing anything else career-wise.
- My mom is hilariously over-superstitious about life. I am a little scared I may become like her, but maybe that’s not such a bad thing because she’s an incredible woman.
- Guilty pleasure? Ice cream. Fries. Naps. Sometimes all at once, sometimes not.
- I used to paint a lot, especially portraits of others. I was in several art shows up until college and it was one of my favorite times when I was younger. Taking photos and cooking has now become my creative outlets.
- What I can’t stand? Being misunderstood.
- I love working with my hands: building things, gardening, MacGyver-ing things, etc.
- I work in public health working with infectious disease surveillance. AKA I work with microscopic things that can cause some serious illnesses and try to predict when those outbreaks can affect people.
- I’m a constant daydreamer for new adventures. On my GoogleMaps, you’ll find a ton of saved pins relating to unique sites to explore, places to camp, favorites places I’ve been, and adventure suggestions from people I’ve met.
- I enjoy my daily reads from Reddit, NPR, or The Oregonian.
- I grew up surfing and that is the one sport I wish I could do more often. Need to learn how to adjust to the cold waters of the west coast.
- Guilty pleasure? Video games, particularly PUBG or Battlefield.